By Rainer Lenk, Head of Automotive Europe, proaxia
The fully integrated and intuitive end-to-end solution for vehicle sales and aftersales will offer business reporting, analytics and KPIs. It enables performance planning, and steering and driving at all levels in the distribution channel. A structured organisation of correct data with precise definitions is the pre-requisite for correct reporting, analytics and KPIs.
“Having a good understanding of where the business is coming from is a pre-requisite to plan future performance. Steering and driving the business enablers and performance at all levels in the distribution channel becomes fundamental. For instance, if a service partner wants to plan workshop capacity requirements it must know how big the customer base is, the frequency of customer visits, workshop productivity, workshop efficiency etc.
Likewise, if a retailer wants to sell 15% more vehicles next year, it is difficult to plan unless one knows «how much of what» was required to sell this year’s volume.
The DMS should provide the key elements and templates for best practise Business Intelligence in sales and aftersales.“
Robert Arvedson, Automotive Consulting
proaxia VSS uses the captured process data to generate value adding business reports and analytics, summarised with industry specific KPIs for efficient business planning, driving and steering
Sales Analysis: Tracking of the complete data in the sales process permits an extraction of relevant business driver data and milestones.
Workshop and Aftersales Analysis: Based on a rock-solid understanding and correct tracking of «time», workshop performance can be analysed and measures applied.
Reporting: Sales and Workshop Managers have the detailed data to coach and lead their teams. Executives have business reporting, industry analytics and KPIs for business planning and steering.
Examples from aftersales business reporting
- Objective: Plan and steer sales results through a retail sales activity plan based on the key drivers in the sales process. Top-down and bottom-up. «If we know how much of what we had to do to sell last year’s number of cars, we have a good indication on how much of what we have to do this year. Hence this can be planned».
- Reporting: Sales consultants and sales managers have real time access to the status of the key drivers in the sales process, e.g. leads/opportunities, test drives, offers and contracts.
- Visualisation: Charts to display activity levels, trends, plan vs. actual etc. Tables to report specific numbers, averages and KPIs.
- Objective: Plan and steer workshop revenue through an optimisation of workshop performance and correctly aligned capacities.
- Reporting: Detailed tables for workshop managers which both summarise the time clocking and invoiced amounts to industry specific workshop KPIs, e.g., productivity, efficiency, effectiveness etc., followed by all details leading to the reported KPIs.
A management cockpit shows the development over time, e.g., per month, of key business figures like available time vs. sold time, number of repair orders by categories, turnover per repair order by category, KPIs etc.
- Visualisation: Charts to display most of the reporting in the management cockpit. Tables to report specific numbers which can be used by the workshop manager.
- Tables and charts reporting sales by parts category, order category, customer etc.
proaxia VSS Reporting, Analytics and KPIs:
the extension is planned in release 5.0 Q4/2023
All names of products and services referred to are the intellectual property of the respective companies.
proaxia reserves the right to modify this document or any presentation related to it, or its own strategy and any future developments, products and/or platforms, orientations or functionalities at any time and without stating reasons. The information contained in this document does not represent any warranty, promise or legal obligation to deliver material, code or functionalities.